What comes to your mind when you hear the word ‘Virtual Assistant?’ Perhaps, software like Google Assistant or maybe a robot taking care of all your daily chores is too far into the future.
But, in reality, Virtual Assistants or VAs are professional human beings who are well-trained to perform activities like making phone calls, arranging meetings and so on, on your behalf and too remotely.
Yes! You can delegate tasks to your virtual assistants from the comfort of your home while they perform the same tasks from the comfort of theirs. No need to bog yourself down with each little task that can be done by someone else on your behalf for a mere fee.
In this blog, you will learn about certain tasks that can be outsourced to virtual assistants, who hire virtual assistants, and also some benefits of hiring virtual assistants.
Now, there are a number of routine tasks that you can outsource to your Virtual Assistants.
What To Outsource to Your Virtual Assistants?
Are you a start-up, a big business or an artist? Whoever you are, there are a certain number of tasks that you need to do regularly on a daily basis. These are:
- Planning & maintaining calendars: When you hire a Virtual Assistant, he or she will plan meetings on your behalf with your other clients. They will also book appointments with people who matter to your business. Virtual Assistants will also plan travel itineraries, and book hotels and flight tickets for you.
- Social Media Management: Your Virtual Assistant will handle your social media handles for you. They will post on your handles on your behalf, manage your accounts and also promote them. You know how tricky social media can be sometimes. But don’t worry, virtual assistants are trained to handle stuff like that.
- Sending emails on your behalf: Sending emails is a big part of any business. In fact, 90% of internal or external communication happens via email. Curating a perfect email to pitch ideas to your clients or replying to each and every email, bifurcating important emails and unimportant emails. These are some tasks that you can outsource to your virtual assistants.
- Presentations & report management: Long and lengthy presentations are part of your daily work. Preparing a perfect presentation can be extremely time-consuming. Outsourcing it to your virtual assistant can save you important minutes. Apart from that, preparing and managing weekly or monthly reports, and entering and maintaining data can also be outsourced to a virtual assistant.
- Paying bills: If you are an artist or solopreneur, you might be paying your bills yourself, banking, and carrying out financial transactions yourself. These tasks look small but can be tedious sometimes. You can leave your worries to your Virtual Assistants. They will take care of these sundry tasks.
Who Hires Virtual Assistants?
Now, you might be wondering if outsourcing your daily important tasks to virtual assistants is safe or not. Your doubt is genuine. After all, these tasks are imperative for your business.
But you don’t need to worry as outsourcing tasks to virtual assistants is completely safe. In fact, there are big corporations who prefer outsourcing to virtual assistants these days. According to data, over 49% of companies that hire VA are big companies with over 1,000 employees.
Apart from them, organizations that hire VA are small businesses, start-ups, or artists who need assistants but are not willing to invest so much time or money. Also, big businesses prefer outsourcing to VAs these days. These also include many law firms due to the huge paperwork which they can easily outsource to a virtual assistant.
But why do these firms prefer outsourcing to Virtual Assistants? Because of the immense benefits that they bring with them.
Benefits Of Outsourcing to Virtual Assistants
A Virtual Assistant, in definition, is basically your secretary who you don’t get to see in the office but they get all the work done.
- Virtual Assistant, Virtual Working
- Cost-cutting benefits
- No need to provide the same benefits as regular employees
- No need to train Virtual Assistants
- Focus on more important tasks
Let’s explore these benefits in detail.
Virtual Assistant, Virtual Working
‘Comfort’ is the word that you should be looking for. Outsourcing to Virtual Assistants is comfortable. When you outsource to Virtual Assistants, there is flexibility in working for both of you.
The world is currently exploring this new way of working called work from home. Some are, in fact, adopting it as a permanent working style. In that case, outsourcing to Virtual Assistants is feasible and convenient.
So, sit back, you don’t need to maintain an attendance register. After all, it is not a nine-to-five job. Virtual Assistants are available throughout the day. And yes! There is no harm to productivity. Research says people who work remotely are 13% more productive than those who don’t.
Outsourcing to Virtual Assistants is actually easy on your pockets. Since VAs are not your full-time employees, you always have an option to pay for services that you get.
We all agree that some days are lighter than others. So, why pay for days when you don’t require any assistance? According to a study, VAs can save up to 78% of their clients’ money.
With VAs, the concept of monthly salaries is not there. Instead, pay for the number of tasks that you have made your VAs do. No work, no payment.
Apart from that, you don’t need to provide your Virtual Assistants with a laptop with an internet connection. You don’t need to provide them with a place to sit. If your office space is small but enough for you, then why burden yourself?
No Need to Provide the Same Benefits as Regular Employees
You don’t hire Virtual Assistants as you hire your regular employees. So, you don’t need to provide them with the same benefits. This is outsourcing work. You can say they are working with you as freelancers.
Virtual Assistants are very important for you and your business and you should keep them happy by rewarding them for their good work, but your company doesn’t need to bear any costs.
You don’t need to provide your Virtual Assistants benefits like provident fund, travel or food allowances, or medical or health insurance. Also, there are no paid leaves as it is task-based work.
No Need to Train Your Virtual Assistants
It’s understood that you might be reluctant to outsource your work. You might be thinking if you will need to train them. But hiring Virtual Assistants is actually a good idea. VAs are already trained professionals. So, you don’t need to train them like you do when you hire freshers.
Did you know that there are many agencies like Use Per Wish which provide virtual assistance services?
You can hire a VA from these agencies anytime you feel worked up. Just relax and let your Virtual Assistants run some errands for you. But always remember to delegate tasks and make use of their potential.
One more thing! Outsourcing to Virtual Assistants can actually be good for your business. You see, they work with different clients. Their organizational skills are far much better than normal personal assistants. They can bring new ideas driving growth and you can learn from their experience too.
Focus On More Important Tasks
When you have Virtual Assistants at your assistance, you don’t need to waste your time on petty things. It means you can outsource to a Virtual Assistant and focus on things that matter to your organization or your business.
If you are a start-up, focus more on preparing strategies to lure new clients and grow your business rather than calling people and sending emails one after another.
Let your VAs make appointments and prepare presentations for you.
In the same way, if you are an artist, focus more on your performance rather than paying your bills, buying flight tickets, and preparing travel plans. Let your Virtual Assistants do all these chores for you.
The same applies to you if you are a huge business already. Outsourcing to Virtual Assistants can bring some good results.
Summary: This Is Why You Should Outsource to Virtual Assistants
Outsourcing to Virtual Assistants comes with its own benefits. It enables you to work flexibly and dynamically while cutting down on your operating costs. These well-trained freelance professionals can do tasks ranging from making calls to sending emails to setting up appointments. All you need is to give them proper directions and relax.
If you are also willing to hire a Virtual Assistant but don’t know who to contact, reach out to Use Per Wish for more information. Also, check out our services custom-made for your business.